Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Get on the Bus!

Hey everyone! You know it's bad when 20 degrees looks like a manna from heaven. This is the situation we've been here in the front range for about a week now. It started with crazy winds, turned into negative degree weather and just stayed that way for days. Now it's finally warming up, and by that I mean a balmy 22 degrees. But thanks to the sunshine and lack of wind it feels warmer.

All of this was made much worse by the snow that came on Tuesday. Single digit temps and snow tend to create one of my top ten fears: driving on ice. Tuesday would have been the first day I was forced to attempt it in a while and I just wasn't up for it, so I decided to catch the bus. This was made much easier by the installment of a bus stop pretty much right outside my door, meaning I could hop on the bus and be dropped off at the Flatirons stop. It's then about a 10 minute walk (all uphill, but still) to work. Sounds easy, right?

Not quite. On Tuesday after work, I left my car in the lot and had Aida drive me to the Flatirons bus stop. I was there a good five minutes before it was due, so I thought I was sitting pretty. Instead the bus was ONE HOUR late. This meant that me and two other frozen popcicles had to stand at the stop in - not kidding - 2 degree weather for one hour. 50 minutes later when no buses had appeared AT ALL I broke down, called Thomas and told him I was getting on the next bus no matter where it was going. I just had to get warm! I could not feel my fingers or toes and I was ready to break. Amazingly ten minutes later the next bus appeared and it was actually the one I needed. I've never been so glad to be on a bus in my life. The guy I sat next to told me that he caught it in Denver and that the line wrapped around the building. Looks like it's going to be a fun winter.

Boulder Bumpersticker of the Day: Stop hiding behind your bumperstickers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home