Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Thursday, September 08, 2005

How Brownie Got His Job

Hey everyone! I just heard on NPR that when Michael Brown was nominated in 2002 to be the deputy head of FEMA, the hearing lasted only 42 minutes and only four senators attended it. But what took the cake for me is that he was recommended by Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado, my least favorite public official in our whole entire state - and we have some real screwballs, so that's saying something. My utter loathing of Campbell began when I once got stirred up on some issue and wrote all my congressmen and senators. Campbell was the only one that did not have an email address. I called to complain and they said they only took letters by mail or by fax. And this was like 3 years ago or something, not back in the 1980s. I did write a letter, but no surprise, I never heard back from him. That episode symbolized his utter disinterest in the needs of his constituents, and it looks like his bad behaviour continues to burn us. But back to the hearing - FOUR senators??? I guess they were too busy being wooed by lobbyists to attend. Does anyone in power actually do their jobs? Once again, there's very little in the news on this story, but I did find this article if you want to read more. Aarrgh!

-sunday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home