Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's Fall-tastic!

Hey everyone! Fall is my favorite time of year in Colorado. Right now I just wish I could hit the pause button because it's so beautiful and I know it can't last for long, especially since the wind is starting to return. Luckily we've been able to enjoy it of late thanks to our Indian Summer. My parents were in town this past weekend and it was in the 80s - almost too hot for me. My mom has been wanting to go to a hockey game and as luck would have it the Avs were playing the LA Kings. I used to get to go every once in awhile with Cyd back in the day when she could score free tkts, but it's been awhile. This time I actually watched part of the game. Luckily we were seated next to the the world's most passionate Avs fan and he answered all of our questions while sitting on the edge of his seat. Important facts: Joe Sakic is the captain and has been forever and the goalie is Jose Theodore who recently dated Paris Hilton and is known as a ladies man. How lucky was I to actually sit next to a man who even knew some gossip. Our seats were up high, but they were right in front of the goal where all the points were scored so it was very exciting for mom and me. We got a bird's eye view of six goals. My almost fav part tho was when the camera pans the crowd and people have to dance or kiss. This was soooo much fun to watch. And finally, in case you're interested, we won - 4 to 3!

Last weekend, Thomas's dad was in town and he and Thomas took me to an early bday dinner at a new restaurant (for us, anyways) Praha in Longmont. Thomas and I both LOVE Eastern European food and this is now the best place to go for it. The atmosphere is romantic, the service was excellent and the food was beyond wonderful. If you're in the neighborhood, check it out.

Not much has been playing in the movies these days. Thomas and I did check out Flyboys, primarily because he's a fan of any war movie. It was way too long, the acting wasn't too great and had a few pointless subplots, but the action scenes were spectacular. Also of note, the movie was financed by Larry Ellison's son, David who is an actrobatic pilot in real life and amazingly he also gets to star in the movie.

Next up for me are Half Nelson (if it's still playing.......please!!), Black Dahlia and All the King's Men (even tho reviews for the latter two are fairly hideous).

Boulder Bumpersticker of the Day (courtesy of Mom); Kinky Friedman for Governor

-sunday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home