Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Monday, May 14, 2007

Great Expectations

Hey everyone! It's been forever. I think that's because there's been very little in the entertainment world to report. Not many movies out worth blogging on and not a Boulder Bumpersticker to be seen. Thomas did drag me to 28 Weeks Later this wkend. It was extremely scary - not for the faint of heart. And lots of shaky-cam which annoyed us both. In other movie news, we tried Netflix On Demand. If you have a Netflix membership, this is currently available to you as well. You can watch select movies for free on your computer on demand. I have to say the selection wasn't too grand. We watched the Enron doc which was very good and part of a Russian trilogy I heard about - Night Watch based on some sci fi novels. It didn't keep my interest. So I have very little to recommend unfortunately. Have yet to see Spidey, but it appears to be a bit of a letdown. Chick flick I'm dying to see? Georgia Rule. It's getting a 20 on the tomameter, but I know I will catch a matinee of this before all is said and done.

I have been keeping myself busy instead by re-reading Harry Potter book 5. I finished it yesterday and developed an instant case of the mean reds because I promised myself I would not re-read book 6 until June, thus paving the way for the final installment to be delivered to my door on July 21. I can tell you now when I get this book, I will be a shut in - closed off to all people and media until it is finished. Why? Because there are supposedly already spoilers out there! I just don't get these people who first leak the spoilers and then those that would willingly read them. Tread carefully one and all.

The timing of book 7 is all the more precarious because of the imminent arrival of the newest member of our family. Yep, we're pregnant! I think every possible person who randomly checks this blog knows this news, but now it's out there for the world. We are having a boy in mid-August. No name yet, much to parental dismay. Thomas and I have yet to have a meeting of the minds on this one and instead have nicknamed him Boomer. Somehow it fits. We are extremely excited, totally smitten and a bit terrified. Luckily we have friends and family who've done this thing before who've given us lots of excellent advice. My mom just came down last week and brought me loads of goodies and we did lots of shopping. Who knew babies required so much gear?! So here's a pic of him at 25 weeks- we almost got a full profile on this one.














-sunday

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home