Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Friday, February 02, 2007

On Groundhogs and Wizards


Hey everyone! It's official: there is hope! Sure, I woke up this morning to find out we broke a record at 4:44 a.m. - -18 degrees outside with a -40 degree windchill factor. And sure, it still has yet to hit zero, but I was saved by two things. The first is my new fav animal, Puxatawny Phil! In case you missed the broadcast, he did not see his shadow, so that means Spring is coming early! I have never been so happy to hear this news and I never thought I could put so much faith in a groundhog. But that's what happens when you live in the frozen tundra of Colorado where we've had snow for SEVEN weeks in a row and the snow from pre-Christmas has yet to melt. But all of that's behind us because Spring is officially just around the corner. I've promised Thomas I won't complain a whit about the heat this summer, so ready am I for it. He remains skeptical. Ha!

And now I have an even better reason to look forward to July. What's that? The final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is being released on July 21, 2007. Making that one of the happiest days of the year. This is much sooner than I'd expected. I thought we'd have to wait at least until 2008 for this gift from J.K.! I already have my Amazon pre-order in. Can't wait!

Boulder Bumpersticker of the Day: Avaholic

-sunday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home