Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Thursday, May 08, 2008

2 Days in Paris

Hey everyone, I finally saw a movie worth writing about. I rented it on itunes movie rental, so it's surely available in dvd by now as well. 2 Days in Paris was written and directed by Julie Delpy (Delpy wrote part of Before Sunset, one of my favs). It stars Adam Goldberg and Delpy as a NYC couple who travel to Paris to visit Delpy's family. All I'll say is hilarity ensues. Goldberg is adept as a kvetching hypochondriac and Delpy is totally unself-conscious at portraying herself in a bad light. Horrible glasses, frizzy hair, the works. Thomas thoroughly enjoyed this one as well so it's not just your typical rom-com. I haven't laughed so much in a movie in a very long time. But it also manages to be intelligent, natural and a great dialogue movie.

Thomas and I also saw Iron Man on its opening weekend. I loved the first half or so. RDJ is in a class of his own. Gwyneth did fine, but really anyone could have played this roll. It was RDJ's show and he ran with it. Jeff Bridges was great as usual and it was interesting seeing him with a shaved head. He somehow pulled it off. It helps that he has one of the best voices in the biz.

Boulder Bumperstickers of the Day:

Stop bitching and start a revolution

Beef. It's what's rotting in your colon

-sunday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home