Sunday's Guide to the Galaxy

Thursday, March 30, 2006

25 Years Ago Today

Hey everyone! I read on the internet this morning that today is the 25th anniversary of the attempted assassination of President Reagan, my all time favorite president. It's probably the first national event that happened that I can remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. I was at the hairdresser's with my mom and everyone was in an uproar - it was right out of Steel Magnolias. Anyway, this column from MSNBC.com is really interesting and contains a lot of info I didn't know, including two of Reagan's more famous quips made while he was near death. The first was "Honey, I forgot to duck", his initial greeting to his wife . The second was "Please tell me you're Republicans" to his doctors. Talk about grace under fire.

-sunday

Boulder Bumpersticker of the Day: Is it 2008 yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home